GORGONA ISLAND NATIONAL PARK – THE EDEN OF DIVERSITY IN THE PACIFIC OCEAN
In spite of its size , Gorgona has a great richness in fauna. It´s an excellent place for Scuba diving and likewise a privileged location for Humpback whale watching between the months of July and October. Its sea is frequently visited by dolphins, porpoises, cachalots, Humpback whales, seawolves, a dozen shark species and hammerhead sharks from time to time.
LOCATION: In the Pacific Ocean , 56 km , 1 hour and a half by ship from Guapi, Cauca State, max. height 330 m at Cerro de la Trinidad.
CLIMATE: warm humid , 27 ° C approximately.
ECOSYSTEM: Coral reefs and tropical rain forest.
EXTENSION: 61, 687 hectares , including the surrounding marine area.
Many humpback whales may be encountered during the Whale watching season from July to October. We offer special accomodation packages including whale wathing.
RELEVANT INFORMATION FOR SCUBA DIVERS
Check out or scuba diving packages on Gorgona island.
Best season for Scuba diving: End of March-October
Water temperature: 20-28° C depending on the season.
Dive Spots: 8
Distance: 10 to 20 minutes by boat.
Depths: Between 12 to 33 meters / 36 to 108 ft.
Tanks: Aluminium 80 ft3, 11.3 Liter, 200 Bar/3000 PSI, INT, bring your DIN Adapter
Nearest Hiperbaric Chamber: Navy Hospital at Bahía Malaga Navy Base.
CHECK OUT GORGONA ON VIDEO
DIVE BOAT : MN M- ANDREA
- 25 ft. Ship
- 15 people capacity
- 2 outboard motors.
- Satellite Navigator- Echo sounder
- VHF Radio.
- Oxigen unit and tank carrier
- Vests in excellent state.
- Tent and accommodation in plastic chairs.
- Boat access ladder
- Six available houses for lodging of passengers in double rooms or Suites.
- Beach House
- One available house for a maximum of four passengers.
- Room Modules
- Umantatay A and Umantatay B with a total of 18 rooms with double beds and private bathrooms
- Appropriate clothes for hot weather .
- Medium-size backpack or bag
- Boots and sandals
- Swimsuit and towel
- Flashlight and batteries . Small first aid kit , repelent and sunscreen.
- Big plastic bags
- Raincoat or waterproof jacket.
- Yellow Fever vaccine.
|Area (km2)||617 including Marine area|