Medellin cultural experience – Silletero Flower Route
SILLETEROS MEDELLIN FLOWER ROUTE
Duration of the experience: aprox. 4 hours
During the 1940s and 1950s, Santa Elena's farmers used the silletas, adapted wooden seats, to bring their flowers down to Medellín and market them in different areas, such as the Plaza de Cisneros. This is how Mr. Efraín Botero, administrator of the Plaza at the time, got to know the farmers and decided to organize the first silletero parade as part of the Fiesta de las Flores in 1957.
On this tour, you'll take the metro and cable car to the Arvi Nature Reserve, climbing one 1000 vertical meters (3280 feet) from Medellin to the city's eastern mountains.
We will visit the flower farmers of Santa Elena who have been passionately keeping alive their tradition of the Flower Festival (Feria de Flores) in Medellin every year for generations.
- Bilingual Tour Guide
- Private transportation with a Spanish speaking driver
- Visit traditional flower farm and presentation of Silletero tradition and flower festival
- Ride on public and touristique gondola lift system between Medellin Acevedo Metro station and Arvi Natural park
- Cup of tea
- local accident insurance
- International and domestic flights
- personal expenses
Optional available for additional fee:
- Visit of Orchid farm with more than 4000 species at la ceja municipality / San Nicolas Valley