The fruit and sunshine route – Santa Fe de Antioquia colonial town
Duration: 8 - 10 hours
Cultural and historical seightseeing Tour to the "Cuidad madre", the mother city of Antioquia Department, 1 hour and half driving time away from Medellin.
Santa Fe de Antioquia is a true jewel among Colombia's emblematic colonial sites and part of the heritage towns of this southamerican country. You visit its local markets and taste its delicious tamarindo sweets. During a walking tour through the streets of Santa Fe de Antioquia, you will take a journey back in time and marvel at the numerous colonial buildings.
The town is specialized in the processing of silver and gold and the production of wonderful handmade jewelry. You will visit a filigree workshop and learn about the process from Gold and Silver to the final jewelry product, all handmade of course!
During a short 10 minute drive you will visit the 291 meter long West Bridge, which was the longest suspension bridge in South America in the 19th century and connects the central and western Andean mountain ranges.
- Walking tour along the numerous streets and visit of with its numerous colonial buildings
- West bridge (Puente de occidente) with spectacular views on the Cauca River and the andean mountain chains
- local Travel insurance
- bilingual Tour guide
- hotel pick up and privat transport
- lunch (inclusion is optional)
- not specified expenses and tips